- Recent Electrical Engineer graduate with honors distinction.
- Worked as independent contractor twice during college.
- Experience working as software engineer for two years during college.
- Learned Android, Python, Git and Linux command line tools from on-line tutorials/videos.
- Working with FPGA and python developers to create an integrated embedded system that routes audio and video signals in professionally built AV systems.
- I help to build a custom Linux distribution from the ‘/’ up with the Yocto Project.
- Our team uses many other tools during development such as Jenkins, Jira,
Git, Bitbake, and Puppet.
- Developed C++ code for communication with I2C sensors from a Linux system.
- Developed a C++ library that simplifies usage of librrd, a C library for creating, updating, and using RRDs (Round Robin Databases).
- Used Test Driven Development to implement library, used CxxTest Framework.
- Fixed issues with Windows computers related to networking or hardware.
- Installed smartboards, projectors, computers, audio systems and teaching stations.
- First undergraduate authorized to use the Scanning Electron Microscope.
- Built and helped design a vacuum sputtering deposition system.
- Installed many complex systems: heater with feedback control, gas flow
control, vacuum gauges, rough pump, turbo pump, and magnetron sputtering
- Wrote python code utilized in a production system used by scientists worldwide.
- Member of a small team using agile development methods.
- Researched upcoming technologies and techniques: Hadoop, Docker, map reduce,
Microservices, and distributed processing systems.
- Operated Ion Beam Assisted Deposition System to produce Flyback transformers.
- Repaired or installed components on the sputtering system.
Hardware Integrated Prototyping Environment at SDSU Engineering Expo - Nathan Genetzky, Jordan Ulmer, Tanner Johnson (SDSU, 2017)
Design and Verification of a SPI to JTAG Interface Adapter - Nathan Genetzky, Jordan Ulmer (SDSU, 2017)
Interactive User Interface with PIC18 Microcontroller - Nathan Genetzky, Drake Jeno (SDSU, 2017)
Particle Projects - Firmware for micro controllers sold by particle.io for use with wifi or cellular cloud devices.